- Don’t bend or roll your mattress as it can damage the springs (and invalidates your 30 year guarantee).
- Moving house? Keep your mattress well wrapped, laid flat and supported at all times.
- By occasionally turning your mattress you can extend its life even further.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR BED
Every Vispring bed is carefully handmade and can last a lifetime if you carry out a little maintenance. Here are a few tips to help keep your mattress and divan in tip top condition for years to come.
- Don’t worry if the tufts on your mattress ever snap – they’re designed to keep all the luxurious fillings in place and will break if put under a lot of pressure. The good news is that they’re easy to replace.
- Regularly check the fixings of your divan legs or castors as well as any divan linking plates. Make sure everything’s nice and tight.
- Try to avoid sitting on the edge of your bed as it puts pressure on the edge springs and could break the border stitching.
- As tempting as it is, don’t let children bounce up and down on the bed as it will damage the springs.
- Don’t use your mattress in a plastic bag or with a plastic bag between the mattress and divan, as it can cause damage through condensation.
- Don’t use a Vispring mattress on a base with slats more than 6cm apart (2.5”). If you are using a slatted base, we’d recommend using a mattress pad to minimise wear.
- Don’t use a Vispring mattress on a worn-out divan or old bed base. It will shorten the life of your mattress and might void the guarantee.